2 Nights & 3 Days Bhutan Tour is the one-stop excursion and visits the major highlights of the city of Paro with its colorful culture and traditions. The tour features age-old Bhutanese art & culture visiting some of the most popular, religious and historical monasteries, shrines and fortresses located in Paro. Visit the Taktsang Monastery also popularly known as ‘Tiger’s Nest’ perched on a hillside is the most interesting feature of the tour. The tour begins upon arrival at the Paro after a scenic flight over the world’s greatest Himalayan peaks and landing the green valley of Paro. On the course of the tour, other important landmarks in Paro are visited such as Ta Dzong, Kyichu Lhakhang, and Rinpung Dzong. The tour is a quick insight into witnessing Bhutanese art and tradition within a short span of time.
- Trip Name: Explore Bhutan Tour
- Trip Code: EXPLORE-QTC6AG
- Country: Bhutan
- Type: Private Tour,Multi-day Tour
- Activities: SIGHTSEEING TOURS
- Experiences: Ecotourism ,Nature
What to expect ?
Catch spectacular bird’s eye view of the Himalayas on-board flight in/out from Paro witnessing the greatest mountain series of the world. Explore the colorful city of Paro with age-old tradition and hike to Taktsang Monastery ‘Tiger’s Nest’ perched in a vertical cliff and discover Bhutanese culture and Tradition.
Day 01: Arrival at Paro (By Druk Air) – Transfer to Thimphu.
Your 2 Nights 3 Days Bhutan Tour starts with the flight into Paro on our national carrier, Druk Air, is a befitting introduction to the spectacular beauty of our country. In clear weather, magnificent views of the world’s highest peaks give way to the lush green Paro valley as you land. The first gift from Bhutan will be the cool, clean fresh air as you step out of the plane. After clearing customs and visa control you will be brief by our guide and transferred to Thimphu. Visit National Memorial Chorten with its golden spines shining in the sun, its tinkling bells built in honor of third King of Bhutan, Jigme Dorji Wangchuck. One can also visit the Buddha point one of the biggest statues and Motithang Mini-Zoo (home of the bizarre Takin, the national animal). Visit the Weekly Outdoor Market, if it falls on (Friday, Saturday & Sunday), where everyone goes to buy fruits and vegetables, rice, grains, chilies, and other fresh foods. The crowded stalls offer many colorful local items such as yak tail dusters, butter tea cups, turquoise from Nepal and Tibet and musical instrument. Dinner and overnight at the hotel.
Day 02: Thimphu Sightseeing – Paro.
Continuing the 2 Nights 3 Days Bhutan Tour, after breakfast drive to Paro via confluence. we drive to the base camp of Taktsang to start the hike up to the Taktsang monastery (Tiger’s nest). The hike up to the cafeteria will take around 1 hr. At the viewpoint, you will enjoy the stunning view of the monastery, where Guru Padmasambhava landed on the back of a tigress in the 8th century. We then walk back to the road point and drive to visit Kyichu Lhakhang, one of the oldest temples in Bhutan. In the evening take a walk around the main street of Paro’s main shopping district. Dinner and overnight at hotel.
Day 03: Paro – Depart (By Druk Air)
Your 2 Nights 3 Days Bhutan Tour terminates today so after breakfast, your representative will help you with the exit formalities and bid you farewell and wish you a happy journey back home.
- A sustainable development fee of $65. (This sustainable development fee goes towards free education, free healthcare, poverty alleviation, along with the building of infrastructure.)
- All internal taxes and charges
- Drinking water
- Sightseeing as per itinerary
- Monuments entrance fees where applicable
- All land transportation by private vehicle
- Camping equipment and haulage for trekking tours
- Three meals per day during your stay in Bhutan
- A licensed Bhutanese tour guide
- Route Permit
- Bhutan visa fee – including all necessary processing
- 3-star accommodation (4 & 5 stars may require an additional premium).
- Airport pick-up and drop-off by private vehicle.
- Expenses occurred due to unavoidable events i.e. road wrecks, flight delays etc.
- Expenses of personal nature, Tips to guides and drivers
- Airfare & Travel Insurance
Where to meet ?
We will provide you meeting location after reservation is confirmed.
During the trip; weather, local politics, transport or a multitude of other factors, that are beyond our control can result in a change of itinerary. It is, however, very unlikely that the itinerary would be substantially altered. We will try to ensure that the trip runs according to plan, but an easy-going nature will be an asset.