Birth Place of Lord Buddha Tour takes you to the sacred place of Lumbini where Lord Buddha is believed to have born in 543 BC. The sacred land of Lumbini lies in Kapilvastu district in the western Terai region of Nepal. Lord Buddha is highly regarded as the apostle of peace, nonviolence, and compassion. The sacred region is also a meditation hub for numerous monks and nuns from around the globe. Lumbini offers not only religious pilgrimage but also carries with it the majestic beauty of nature. Lumbini is listed in the UNESCO world heritage site. Thousands of tourists pay homage to this sacred land of Buddha every year.
Our Birth Place of Lord Buddha tour commences with a scenic drive or flight to Bhairhawa. Upon reaching Bhairahawa, we will drive to the birthplace of Lord Buddha Lumbini. We will spend two days in Lumbini exploring the monuments, monasteries, Bihars, Maya Devi temple, beautiful peace garden and other attractions of this religious site. Mayadevi Temple is the center of attraction of Lumbini. The temple has a stone image of Mayadevi giving birth to Buddha as she holds onto a branch of a tree. The Ashok Pillar, that signifies Lumbini as a birthplace of Lord Buddha is another attraction of this place. You will also see the remnants of ancient Stupas and monasteries all over the area. The recently constructed international monastic zone is yet another attraction of this place. After exploring the birthplace of Lord Buddha for two days, we will drive back to Kathmandu and formally conclude our tour.
- Trip Name: Explore Lumbini Tour
- Trip Code: EXPLORE-YEL1NX
- Country: Nepal
- Type: Group Tour,Private Tour
- Activities: SCHOOL HOLIDAYS ,THEME PARK TOUR
- Experiences: UNESCO Sites ,Culture
What to expect ?
The peaceful vibes and the scenic beauty of the holy place Lumbini makes you feel like paradise. You get a chance to discover the history of the sacred place along with the experience of the Mayadevi Temple, holy pond. Lumbini offers you the great archaeological triumph of mankind, including 62 archaeological sites exhibiting different events in Buddha’s life.
- Experienced English speaking guide.
- Domestic airport departure tax.
- All government taxes, VAT and office service charge.
- Airport pick up/drop off by private vehicle as per the itinerary
- Accommodation in Kathmandu/Lumbini including breakfast.
- Guided Kathmandu/Lumbini city tours inclusive of private vehicle and guide.
- Transfers by car/van or tourist bus or flight as per the itinerary.
- Necessary permit and monuments entrance fees.
- International airfare and travel insurance.
- Personal expenses (phone calls, internet, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, hot shower etc.)
- Nepal entry visa fee (bring accurate USD cash and two passport photographs for faster service)
- Any kind of drinks (tea/coffee, hot chocolate, boiled water, bottle water, cola, beer etc.)
- Extra night accommodation if needed.
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu/Lumbini.
- Tips for guide and driver
Where to meet ?
We will provide you meeting location after reservation is confirmed.
We have a team of highly experienced and professionally trained tour guides who are thoroughly versed in the culture and history of each place of the places you will be visiting.
We operate Explore Lumbini Tour privately with your personal guide so that you don’t have to confront with other people who might have different interests or attitudes. To keep our tours private and comfortable we limit our groups with 10 people per guide. Please contact us if you have a bigger group and we will arrange several guides for you depending on group size.
We use comfortable car/mini-van for the sightseeing tours. (For up to 2 people, a car is provided and mini-van is for the group 3-10 people) The option of fly-in/fly-out is also available.
The tour duration is 5 nights/6 days. The sightseeing is carried out at the UNESCO World Heritage site in Lumbini visiting the scared pond & garden, Ashok Pillar, Mayadevi temple, shrines & temples erected by Buddhist countries. Also religious and archaeological sites at Devdaha and Ramagram.
Clothing varies with the type of tour and season. It’s warm in Kathmandu from April to October-end and from November to March-end, days are usually warm but evening colder. Summer clothes are okay during the day time but the evening requires a light jacket. Winter is from December till February so bring along sufficient winter wears like jackets, sweaters, trousers, etc. Or you can purchase clothes of your choice in Kathmandu clothing stores too.