It's not every day you get to ride a helicopter and land in the middle of a volcanic crater. Aerius Helicopter will make this happen, you just need to enjoy the view.
Sitting 52 km. away from the Bay of Plenty's coastline, White Island is an active volcano right in the middle of the sea. This volcano is also one of the links of a chain of volcanoes known as the Pacific Ring of Fire. Can you picture yourself flying over this magnificent display of nature's power? Aerius Helicopter will make it happen.
- This is a flight only and does not include White Island crater landing and tour.
- If you wish to land on White Island see our White Island Tour product for crater landings and volcanic tours.
What to expect ?
- Fly over the rugged, unspoiled coastline of this volcanic island.
- viewing moon-like surfaces, steaming craters, flocks of seabirds and sulphur-yellow landscapes.
- You will see the remains of the old sulphur works, destroyed by a White Island eruption.
- During the flight, keep your eyes peeled for sea life such as schools of fish and dolphins.
- Return transfers from your Tauranga accommodation or cruise port (if required) Transfers must be arranged at the time of booking.
- 60-minute flight
- A professional and experienced pilot
- Transfers if required
- Scenic flight
- Professional and Experienced crew
Where to meet ?
We will provide you meeting location after reservation is confirmed.
Please arrive 15 minutes before your flight time.
What to bring;
- Drink bottle
- Camera for amazing photo opportunities